Saturday, November 7, 2015

11/7/15 Ramblings from 30,000 feet

Wyoming was incredible.  The mountains, the people, even the weather.  Got to see what I considered a good amount of snow, but the locals called a dusting.  Either way it was exciting to see.  Someday I would love to be able to "summer" in that part of the country.  


So today I am sitting on yet another flight.  The longest single flight I've been on to date.  There was one huge advantage to living in Texas, and that is that I was always half way across the country.  Today's flight is over 4 hours from PHX to Philadelphia, and then renting a car to take me to Atlantic City.  I am super excited that this is the first convention that I have been to that I am representing my own company as an exhibitor.  We went to Vegas and handed out cards, but that was not my job there.  I was actually working for someone else, and officially Limo & Bus Compliance was not there.  

I feel like I have marketed this trip well, and have promotional material waiting for me when I arrive.  We have a booth, and I already have a line of people that want to speak with me to find out what we can do for them.  I can't hardly believe that people are giving me money.  The possibility is real that by this time next year I may actually have enough income to support a work from home position, although it might be better to hire Amy and keep my job.  I know that Chris is planning on keeping his, just for the extra income, and it might be good for us too.  

The future is wide open, and I am excited to see what God does with this new adventure.  

Last week I got to take my family with me on my first business trip.  Chris and I had a customer in souther California that wanted us to come out and set up his DOT compliance program.  We agreed to make a weekend out of it.  I sure hope to be able to take my family on more working vacations like that in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment